So I don’t know if you guys are like me, but overthinking feels like a habit I can’t break. All I seem to do is worry and worry. Often worrying about the most insignificant things. These things keep me up at night, they make me feel anxious or sad (or both!). When we look back in hindsight all that worrying seems a little crazy and silly. Really we don’t want to spend majority of our time worrying, we want to live our lives to their fullest and worry less.
At a time when I don’t have full time position and I am spending all my time concentrating on this business, this quote speaks to me!
I have found a few little ways to help me cope on a daily basis, and I hope they help you too. Honestly Live More and Worry Less.
- Realise that there is no way that I can control everything. Just let it be.
- Get some good sleep. I find going to sleep at the same time every night helps me get into a routine and when I have had a really stressful day (or know I have one coming up) I just put a few drops of lavender essence on my pillow.
- Get outside. Just go for a walk or just stand outside your front door. That fresh air will jolt you out of your worries.
- Slow Down. Sometimes you just need to sit in a quiet place and breathe, even just for a minute or so. No distractions. Just breathe.
- Surround yourself with positivity. I have little memory trinkets or little phrases placed around my home that remind me to be positive. Or notes from friends and families to remind me of good times. I will spend some quality time with positive happy people.